OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The 2016 Summer Recurring Bill Pay Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on July 1, 2016 and ends 11:59 PM ET on September 30, 2016 (the "Promotion Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter: (1) You will earn one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each new third party/merchant payment that posts to your TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card account during the Promotion Period. A new third party/merchant payment is defined as an Automatic Bill Payment at a service provider using the TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card when a similar transaction with the same service provider has not been posted to your account within one (1) year prior to the start of the Sweepstakes. To qualify, new Automatic Bill Payments must be: (i) completed using the valid 16-digit TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card number, (ii) identified to MasterCard® by the service provider as a recurring payment, and (iii) posted to the TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card account. (2) To enter if you do not wish to set up a new third party/merchant recurring bill pay transaction, hand print your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address and date of birth on a plain 3"x5" piece of paper and mail in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to: 2016 Summer Recurring Bill Pay Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7714, Melville, NY 11775-7714. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2016 and received by October 7, 2016. Limit one mailed entry per envelope. Mechanically reproduced/photocopied mailed entries are automatically void. Limit five (5) entries per person/cardholder, regardless of method of entry during the Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including its territories, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are 18 years of age or older, who are TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit cardholders in good standing as of June 30, 2016 and as of the date of entry, except employees of Synchrony Bank, The TJX Companies, Inc. and Don Jagoda and Associates, Inc., and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and family members. This Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited and is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): One (1) Grand Prize: $100 per month for one year, awarded in the form of a monthly statement credit, posted to the winner's TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® Credit Card account (ARV: $1,200). If the winner closes his/her TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card account, the remaining months' prize amount will be awarded in the form of a check. The first $100 monthly statement credit will be posted to the winner's account within two billing cycles of the date the winning entry is selected, and will continue once per month for a total of twelve (12) months. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
- RANDOM DRAWING: One potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or about October 18, 2016. Drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Approximate odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The prize will be awarded and the winner will be notified by phone, email and/or mail.
- GENERAL RULES: The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return via mail an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver/Publicity Release (where legal) within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate selection. Winner's TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card account must be in good standing as of prize award date and prize fulfillment date in accordance with the terms described in the TJX Rewards® Platinum MasterCard® credit card agreement in order to receive the prize. In the instance of co-applicant cardholders, the winner is the primary cardholder. Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Upon notification, the potential Grand Prize winner may be asked to complete optional survey questions/testimonial form for publicity purposes, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, photographs, likeness, and survey question/testimonial form answers (if applicable) for publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Under no circumstances should entrants give their credit card account number, or any information regarding their account, over the phone/mail in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER AND ENTRANTS FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the transaction portion of the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mailed entries received. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, or otherwise, or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other error in printing of the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the prize. If there are any discrepancies between printed materials and the Official Rules, the Official Rules will govern and control. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- JURISDICTION: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah applicable to promotions fully carried out within Utah. Except where prohibited by law, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' and/or experts' fees; and winner hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys' fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winner acknowledges that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
- WINNER LIST: For the name, city and state of the winner, visit www.tjxrewards.com/billpaysweeps, after November 1, 2016 through November 30, 2016.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Synchrony Bank, 777 Long Ridge Road, Stamford, CT. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Dr, Melville, NY.